General Money Saving Tips
On a daily basis, it is important that you bear in mind general tips in order to constantly save money.
1. Teach your children how to save money from a young age. They need to know about the household budget. Assign household tasks for them to do in exchange for money. Help them learn that making a financial decision is about weighing up the value of one thing against another and choosing which to for-go in favour of the other.
2. Look after the possessions you have. Take pride in what you have worked hard for and respect your own efforts to feel good about what you have achieved. If you look after your belongings, it will save you money as you will not need to replace them on a constant basis.
3. Don’t make excuses about why you do not save money, as it will not get you anywhere. Start saving money today, it’s never too late.
4. Start saving consistently and seriously, for your retirement years, from the day you start your first job. Learn the magic of compound interest and put aside at least 15% of your income every month in a safe investment.
5. Use credit sparingly and handle it with care. It’s cheaper and more rewarding to wait until you have saved the money yourself. It’s better to spend the money you have earned than to spend the money you still have to make.
6. If you are in debt, you need to pay it off as fast as possible. It is advised that you cut up your credit card and store cards, if you need to. Cuts in interest rates should be used to settle debt first, not to take on more debt.
Follow the above general money saving tips in order to ensure that you save as much money as possible and don’t purchase unnecessary items.