As our client, we are happy to see that you have taken a pro-active step towards resolving your debt situation with DebtBusters.
Prior to debt counselling, saving money for your future may not have even occurred to you because of your high monthly debt repayments. Now that you have taken control of your debt, why not plan for your financial future and protect yourself in the case of an emergency?
31 March 2015
Did you know that you can view your credit score online? Smartcents makes following your debt counselling progress that much easier and you can use all the exciting features available on the site – including viewing your credit score!
Not only can you see your latest credit score but you will also be able to see your credit score improve on Smartcents as you move along your debt counselling process.
What is a credit score?
A credit score indicates if you are worthy of receiving credit. This means that credit providers will look at your credit score when deciding to offer you credit. It also indicates your chances of repaying the loan to your credit provider.
What is a good credit score?
A score of 750 or better is considered a good credit score. Credit providers will see you as someone who pays their accounts on time and this means that you will have a better chance of securing credit.
What does it mean when your credit score changes?
- If you have a high credit score, your credit provider will have less risk when lending you the money because you can repay your loan
- You will generally be offered lower interest rates
- If you have a lower credit score, credit providers see you as someone who has more risk in terms of paying back the money borrowed to you
- Generally, you will be offered higher interest rates if you have a lower credit score
- Your chances of securing credit will change, based on your credit score
How to improve your credit score?
The best way to improve your credit score is to:
- Pay your accounts on time
- Pay the full monthly instalment
- Never ignore credit provider letters for non-payment
How to view your credit score on Smartcents?
Viewing your credit score is quick and easy. Here is what you need to do:
- Logon to www.smartcents.co.za using your unique login details which would have been sent to you when you started your debt counselling process
Please note: If you have forgotten your login details, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Once you have logged in, click on the ‘debt counselling’ tab on the left hand side
- Select “credit report” from the drop down menu to view your latest credit score!
Smartcents has many other features for you to explore and will help you with tracking your debt counselling process.
Smartcents by DebtBusters – making sense of your finances.