Determine the severity of your debt problems
Answer the following questions to determine the severity of your debt problem. If you answer ‘yes’ to the majority of the questions, call DebtBusters on 086 999 0606.
- Are you clueless about how much money you owe to your creditors?
- Over time, is a growing percentage of your household income going toward paying your debts?
- Do you ever pay your bills late because you don’t have enough money?
- Have you stopped paying some of your debts?
- Are you paying only the minimum amount of money due on your credit cards because you can’t afford to pay more?
- Are you using credit and/or credit card cash advances to help pay debts, basic living expenses, etc.?
- Have you maxed out any of your credit cards, or have any of your cards been cancelled for non-payment?
- Do you have little or no money in savings?
- Have you borrowed money from friends or relatives to pay your bills?
- Have debt collectors and creditors begun calling you?
- Are you having a hard time concentrating at work because you are worried about money and debt related problems?
- Are you losing sleep because of your finances?
- Have you and your spouse or partner begun fighting about money?
- Are you abusing substances in order to try to cope with your money worries?
Back to The ABC's of Debt