The following information will help you better understand why you should use a debt counsellor, as well as what exactly a debt counsellor is.
Why use a debt counsellor?
- Are you struggling to keep on top of your financial situation?
- Are you failing to meet your debt repayments as your expenses exceed your income?
- Are you over indebted?
You can determine if you are over-indebted by the following:
- Taking out more credit in order to pay off current debt
- Creditors are constantly hassling you
- Prioritising your debts by paying more important accounts before others
- Your expenses exceed your income and thus, you cannot pay your monthly accounts
If the answer is yes to the majority of the above questions, you are most likely in need of a debt counsellor.
What is a debt counsellor?
A debt counsellor can be considered as an individual who is fully qualified and registered with the National Credit Regulator (NCR). The National Credit Act (NCA) formally introduced debt counsellors, in order to better regulate the process of assisting consumers with managing their debts. Debt counsellors are able to work for an organisation or independently, as long as the correct rules and regulations are abided by.
Need debt counselling or consolidation?
Explore DebtBusters' solutions for reducing your interest rates and unlocking cash.Find out more
DebtBusters is one of South Africa’s leading debt management companies, which comprises extremely qualified, knowledgeable and supportive debt counsellors that will negotiate with credit providers on the behalf of clients, as well as design and implement an affordable debt repayment plan. DebtBusters debt counsellors aim to empower clients to take control of their finances, as well as their future financial decisions.
DebtBusters debt counsellors:
• Offer the best support • Are helpful, knowledgeable and fully qualified • Well trained and compliant with the National Credit Regulator (NCR) • Dedicated to assisting clients to the best of their ability and providing optimal care • Work side by side with client services and legal team • Provide budgeting methods and personal finances management plans in order to solve debt problems.
It is vital that you approach a registered debt counsellor to ensure that your finances are placed in the right hands. In order to find a registered debt counsellor, contact the National Credit Regulator on 0860 627 627 or visit www.ncr.org.za.