Helpful pointers in the right direction.
DebtBusters aims to help all South African consumers to the best of our ability. However, if you are in need of additional help click on one of the below links which cover a broad range of topics, such as contact details for a number of free helplines, advice and consumer organisations, benefit helplines, ombudsmen, regulatory bodies, trade associations and credit reference agencies who may be able to give you more advice and assistance.
- Tax Help: http://www.taxbreak.co.za
Visit the website and submit your contact details, they’ll call you back.
- Stop Gender Violence: http://www.stopwomenabusehelpline.org.za / 0800 150 150
Anonymous, confidential telephone counselling for victims of domestic abuse, 14 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year on a toll free line.
- Personal Crisis Helpline: http://www.healthforum.org / 0800 246 432
Information and support on mental health problems, and immediate care and assistance to people in crisis.
- National Aids Helpline: http://www.aidshelpline.org.za / 0800 012 322
Provides a confidential, anonymous 24-hour toll-free telephone counselling, information and referral service for those infected and affected by HIV and AIDS.
- Narcotics Anonymous: http://www.na.org.za / 083 900 MY NA (69 62)
Narcotics Anonymous (NA) is a non-profit fellowship of men and women for whom drugs had become a major problem. Recovering addicts helping each other to stay clean.
- LifeLine: http://www.lifeline.org.za / 0861 150 1500
National Counselling Line – Trained counsellors providing care and assistance for people in crisis.
- Gamblers Anonymous: http://gasouthafrica.wordpress.com/ / 0800 006 008
Assisting people to adjust their lives when gambling starts to take over.
- Childline: http://www.childlinesa.org.za / 0800 055 555
24-hour Toll-free Crisis Helpline for physically, sexually and emotionally abused children and their families, adult survivors of early sexual abuse and any other child related problems.
- Financial Advice and Intermediary Services Ombud: http://www.faisombud.co.za / 012 470 9080
- Credit Bureau Association: http://www.cba.co.za / 011 886 8519
- JustMoney: http://www.justmoney.co.za
Online Financial services comparison website.
- FSB: http://www.fsb.co.za / 0800 110 443 / (012) 428 8000
An independent institution established by statute to oversee the South African Non-Banking Financial Services Industry in the public interest. The FSB is committed to promote and maintain a sound financial investment environment in South Africa.
- National Consumer Tribunal: http://www.thenct.org.za / (012) 663 5651 The National Consumer Tribunal is an adjudicative body established by section 26 of the National Credit Act (No. 34 of 2005). It has jurisdiction throughout South Africa.
- National Credit Regulator: http://www.southafrica.info/public_services / 0861 622 837 Promotes and regulates responsible lending.
- Ombudsman: http://www.obssa.co.za / (011) 838 0035 Provides South African banking customers with a free, informal dispute resolving service.
- First National Bank Debt Solution Helpline: https://www.fnb.co.za/credit-card/debt-protection.html / 0860327827
- Standard Bank Debt Review Helpline: 0861 111 402
- Nedbank Debt Rehabilitation & Recoveries Services: 0860 109 279
- ABSA Customer Debt Repair line: 0860 356 356