Some of the common debt pitfalls for indebtedness include: -People assume the interest rates won’t go up when they buy a property and then buy something above their financial means. -Men go to microlenders to finance lebolos, saddling a new marriage with debt. -When their house gets repossessed, people are too embarrassed to down-grade to […]
19 November 2014
Each year, the festive season sneaks up on us and before you know it, it has come and gone leaving you in financial turmoil.
Throughout the festive season, you will find yourself throwing away a lot of trash, that you probably don’t realise, can save you cash! Follow these tips to help you save money.
1. Salvage Christmas wrapping paper and ribbons & recycle it next year
When the time for gift giving comes, make a note to keep unwanted wrapping paper, ribbons and other decorative items so that you can reuse them next year to save money. Not only can you reuse them for wrapping gifts, they may be used to contribute towards your children’s school craft projects.
2. Reuse festive season gift cards
Instead of purchasing expensive festive season gift cards, collect old gift cards and use the front of them to make gift tags.
3. Combine left over meals to make a festive feast
Don’t waste your left overs! Use excess food to contribute towards making bigger meals such as stews or soup. Alternatively, freeze small portions of food, which can be eaten over time or turned into festive snacks.
4. Salvage Christmas decorations
Christmas decorations can be pricy! Use old milk cartons and other waste materilas to get creative and make your own hand-made decorations! Note; fairy lights are great decorating extras, but can cause a spike in your electricity bill. Purchase energy efficient LED lights for future use, as you will save up to 90% on electricity and reduce costs.
5. Christmas is a time for giving, but only give what you can afford.
Make DIY gifts for friends and family. After all, it’s the thought that counts!
If you are feeling the festive season financial pinch and are struggling to make ends meet, using your trash to save cash can save you more money than you think! Small savings add up to one large amount!
If you are still feeling financial pressure during the festive season, DebtBusters the award winning and most trusted debt Management Company, can help you.
We will provide you with a way of reducing your debt in 5 simple steps:
- WE can give you a FREE and CONFIDENTIAL credit assessment
- WE can CONSOLIDATE your debt repayments into one affordable monthly instalment
- WE can NEGOTIATE with your credit providers to reduce interest rates and fees on your accounts
- WE can get you LEGAL PROTECTION to stop creditors from hassling you
- WE can get you DEBT FREE and issue you with a Clearance Certificate – CLEAR YOUR NAME
The process is 100% confidential with no obligation.
Call DebtBusters on 0869 99 06 06 or visit www.debtbusters.co.za to speak to a financial consultant call you back.